KIIS COVID-19 Stress-Free Refund Guarantee
KIIS continues to closely monitor the coronavirus situation around the world and here at home. The health and wellness of our students and faculty always will remain our highest priority. If ever the need arises for KIIS to cancel 2021 programs prior to departure, KIIS will refund students their program payments, including the $250 application deposit.
The $250 application deposit will be refunded if:
- You completed your KIIS application and were not accepted into the program.
- You are placed on a waiting list and a space does not become available.
- You are placed on a waiting list and offered a space on another KIIS program and decline the offer.
The $250 application deposit will NOT be refunded if:
- You withdraw your application at any time for any reason.
- Your KIIS application remains incomplete (e.g. missing transcript, essay, faculty recommendation, etc.) following the regular application deadline.
- You are removed from your program due to non-payment of program fees or not submitting your Admitted Student Documents on time.
KIIS will NOT provide a refund of any kind:
- Between the first $2000 and final payment deadlines, the cancellation fee will comprise all unrecoverable fees that have been committed and/or paid on your behalf (such as airline tickets, housing deposits, faculty costs, etc.) plus a $700 administrative fee.
- After the final payment deadline, there are no refunds.
- If you are not able to participate on your KIIS program due to not having your passport or visa before the program’s departure.
- If the airline or the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) refuses to allow you to board your flight, and as a result, you are not able to participate on your KIIS program.
- If you are removed or expelled from your program at any time and for any reason. See KIIS Expulsion policy.
Any request to withdraw from a KIIS program after acceptance must be done in writing by emailing Haley McTaggart.
If you withdraw:
- Between the first and final payment deadlines, you will have to pay a cancellation fee that consists of a $700 administration fee plus all unrecoverable fees (e.g. airline tickets, housing deposits, etc.) committed and/or paid on your behalf.
- After the final payment deadline, KIIS will not provide you a refund of any kind. You will be responsible for paying your entire KIIS program fee.
- Students from Berea, Ball State, and WKU will have to pay their entire program fee to their home institution.
Through the CISI Insurance Policy, KIIS provides:
- Trip Cancellation—Terrorism: If the trip is cancelled within 45 days of departure due to terrorist activities, as determined by the U.S. State Department, this benefit pays up to $5000 of protection to recover non-recoverable expenses already paid due to loss.
- Security Evacuation Protection: This benefit pays to evacuate students and faculty back to the U.S. in the event of political, security, and natural disaster to the host country.
- Trip Interruption Benefit: This benefit pays to return a KIIS participant to the U.S. (and back to the KIIS program if desired) in the event an immediate family member (parent, child, sibling or grandparent) passes away or becomes gravely ill.
For view our insurance policy, click below.
KIIS does not provide other forms of trip cancellation insurance should you need to cancel your travel before the program’s departure or leave your program prematurely.
KIIS reserves the right to cancel any of its programs or courses due to war, political unrest, terrorism, natural disaster, low enrollment, unforeseen circumstances, or a travel warning issued by the U.S. State Department.
“You may think you are diverse in the United States, but you never know what diversity is until you have traveled with the KIIS program. It’s more than an educational experience it is an experience that will change your views about yourself and the world in a very positive manner.”
– Tonya, Berlin