KIIS reimbursement money is available to recruit students and/or faculty exclusively for KIIS study abroad programs for each academic year (July 1 – June 30).
- Each KIIS Consortium Member Institution is eligible to receive up to $400.
- Each KIIS Program is eligible to receive up to $100.
The amount allotted from the KIIS Promotional money is at the KIIS Campus Representative and KIIS Program Directors discretion.
- On-campus student and/or faculty events, informational sessions, game nights, etc. Events may include refreshments.
- Campus advertisements about KIIS study abroad programs
- Printing KIIS promotional materials for KIIS faculty, Program Directors or Education/ Study Abroad staff (Campus Reps)
- KIIS promotional items for your campus (i.e. KIIS banner)
All items must be KIIS exclusive recruitment activities (informational sessions, advertisements or printing).
Items or events costing more than $200 MUST receive prior approval from the KIIS office in order to be reimbursed.
- Any expenses related to your university’s annual study abroad fair (i.e. general ads for the fair, food, etc.)
- Meals off-campus
- Replacement ink cartridge/office equipment
- Other expenses not exclusively related to KIIS student and/or faculty recruitment activities.
Contacts to Request Promotional Money
- KIIS Faculty: Contact your KIIS Campus Representative or KIIS Program Director to discuss recruitment ideas and to determine what money is available prior to making any purchases.
- University of Kentucky-KIIS Faculty: Contact the KIIS office about funds prior to making any purchases.
Campus Representatives & KIIS Programs Directors:
Record Your Expenses
Use the KIIS Reimbursement Form to record expenditures for one semester or one academic year.
Gather Required Reimbursement Documents
1. KIIS Promotional Reimbursement Form
2. Itemized Original Receipts
3. Participant Attendance Sheet
4. Additional Items: name(s) of any prize winners; copies of any posters, emails, or advertisements; photos of any signage
Tell KIIS Where to Send Your Check
Designate on the form who to make the check payable to and which address to send the check.
Send Receipts & Forms to KIIS
Email or mail the required reimbursement documents to KIIS at email@example.com, by January 5 and/or June 5.
Distribution of Funds
Give your receipts and documentation to your university KIIS Campus Representative who will submit everything at one time to KIIS.
University of Kentucky-KIIS Faculty: Contact the KIIS office.
Gather your office reimbursement receipts, supporting documents and submission form along with your KIIS-campus faculty documents and submit them together to KIIS.
You may elect to be reimbursed directly from KIIS or you may discuss submitting your receipts, supporting documents and submission form to the KIIS Campus Representative.
“The best part about teaching abroad with KIIS is the opportunity to watch your students’ perspective grow and broaden firsthand. While we get to see this happen on our home campuses, of course, there’s nothing quite like seeing students step out into the unknown of another country, language, and culture and finding themselves on new but steady ground, with you as their guide.”
– Jeff Richey, Berea College Religion & Asian Studies Professor, KIIS Japan Faculty