KIIS reimbursement money is available to recruit students and/or faculty exclusively for KIIS study abroad programs for each academic year (July 1 – June 30).
- Each KIIS Consortium Member Institution is eligible to receive up to $400.
- Each KIIS Program is eligible to receive up to $100.
- On-campus student and/or faculty events, informational sessions, game nights, etc. Events may include refreshments.
- Campus advertisements about KIIS study abroad programs
- Printing KIIS promotional materials for KIIS faculty, Program Directors or Education/ Study Abroad staff (Campus Reps)
- KIIS promotional items for your campus (i.e. KIIS banner)
All items must be KIIS exclusive recruitment activities (informational sessions, advertisements or printing).
Items or events costing more than $200 MUST receive prior approval from the KIIS office in order to be reimbursed.
- Any expenses related to your university’s annual study abroad fair (i.e. general ads for the fair, food, etc.)
- Meals off-campus
- Replacement ink cartridge/office equipment
- Other expenses not exclusively related to KIIS student and/or faculty recruitment activities.
Contacts to Request Promotional Money
Campus Representatives & KIIS Programs Directors:
“The best part about teaching abroad with KIIS is the opportunity to watch your students’ perspective grow and broaden firsthand. While we get to see this happen on our home campuses, of course, there’s nothing quite like seeing students step out into the unknown of another country, language, and culture and finding themselves on new but steady ground, with you as their guide.”
– Jeff Richey, Berea College Religion & Asian Studies Professor, KIIS Japan Faculty