|Winter Programs||Date||Amount Due|
|Early Application||Aug. 1||$250|
|Early Accepted Student Payment||Sept. 15*||$500|
|Regular Application||Sept. 15||$250**|
|First Payment||Oct. 15||$2000*|
|Final Payment||Nov. 15||Remainder|
* Winter participants that paid the Early Accepted $500 Payment only pay $1500 on the First Payment Deadline, for a total of $2000.
|Summer Programs||Date||Amount Due|
|Early Application||Dec. 1||$250|
|Early Accepted Student Payment||Jan. 15*||$500|
|Regular Application||Feb. 15||$250**|
|First Payment||March 15||$2000*|
|Final Payment||April 15||Remainder|
* Summer participants that paid the Early Accepted $500 Payment only pay $1500 on the First Payment Deadline, for a total of $2000.
|Fall Semester||Date||Amount Due|
|Early Application||April 1||$250|
|Regular Application||June 1||$250**|
|First Payment||June 15||$2000|
|Final Payment||July 15||Remainder|
|Spring Semester||Date||Amount Due|
|Early Application||Oct. 1||$250|
|Regular Application||Oct. 15||$250**|
|First Payment||Nov. 1||$2000|
|Final Payment||Dec. 1||Remainder|
**You only pay ONE $250 deposit per application.
You are responsible for paying the first payment of $2000; Promissory Notes are not accepted for this payment.
If your scholarship or financial aid money will be released after the final payment deadline, you must email KIIS a completed KIIS Promissory Note by the final payment deadline date.
You must be paid in full prior to departure in order to participate in a KIIS study abroad program.
- Failure to make the first $2000 payment or final payment by the above deadlines may result in your cancellation from the program.
- A $150 late fee will be applied to your KIIS account on the 6th day following the deadline for any late KIIS Admitted Student Documents.
- A separate $150 late payment fee will be applied to your KIIS account on the 11th day following the any missed payment deadline.
- If you are accepted after the first payment deadline, you are required to pay the $2000 fee immediately upon receipt of official acceptance.
- If you are accepted after the final payment deadline, you are required to pay the full program fee immediately upon receipt of official acceptance.
If someone would like to make an e-check or credit/debit card payment on your behalf, send them the personalized link located in the Charges and Payments section of your KIIS account.
The online payment system cannot process payments from non-U.S. bank accounts or non U.S. credit cards.
Participants not presently enrolled at a KIIS Consortium-Member Institution must add $350 to their program fee.
You may be exempt from the $350 fee if:
- You have previously participated in a KIIS program
- You are a teacher in Kentucky
- You are an alumni of a KIIS Consortium Institution
- You are applying to a KIIS Semester program
“The best part of my KIIS experience was being able to use the Spanish that I had learned in the classroom in real life hands on situations. The trip improved my confidence and skills in Spanish tremendously.”
-John, Spain I